Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Are you having dangerous toughts?

I read a book Vaaralliset ideat (Farliga ideer) by Alf Rehn and I'm really mad at myself for not reading this book earlier! Altough Alf Rehn hoped that people reading his book would be at least little angry, I absolute loved it! Sometimes I had to put the book down for a minute because I was laughing so much :D It's not a very long book but it's heavy stuff (in a good way)!


I try to give you guys some info without telling the whole book.
First, there are 5 steps of dangerous thinking: Copying (matkiminen), Extending the thing you are copying (laajentaminen), Be provocate (provosoiminen), Re-evaluation (uudelleen arviointi) and Dangerous thinking (vaarallinen ajattelu). Because the wasn't in English, I hope you don't understand it very wrong!

So, one of the main points is, that copying someone else's idea is not always a bad thing to do, lets think about Apple! Alf Rehn says that people have two boxes in their head, the first on is the most used part. That has everything that is familiar to us. Then, there is the second box, wicth we use when we extend our thinking. This is not nice, but under stress we can do it. Then, there is the secret world behind our "protection wall" holding the dangerous toughts away from us! Let's see if we can get a sneek peek there in Kunstenniemi ;)

I decided to put Alf Rehns picture here instead of a picture of his book, I think this makes him justice.

Sini

No comments:

Post a Comment